When Things Need Sorting Out
We are committed to providing you with the highest standards of service. However, there may be occasions when our service falls short of your expectations. This guide is designed to help you make us aware of your views, so we can address your concerns.
It is our duty of care to ensure that all complaints are fully and fairly addressed. We respect your right to take any complaint to a third party and we will fully co–operate with them.
Our Compaints Procedure
Tell us what part of our service or procedure you are unhappy about and what you would like us to do to resolve the matter. You can do this by writing to:
Customer Care Team
British Home Sellers
Suite 5, Arquen House
4-6 Spicer Street
Telephone: 01727 861580
Email: [email protected]
Complaints can be submitted by letter, email or telephone to the contact details shown above. However detailing your complaint in writing helps us to ensure we have understood all your issues and concerns, which in turn ensures we can investigate them all fully and fairly.
Regardless of how we receive your complaint we will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days.
- Your complaint will be considered by a senior member of our team and you will be advised who is to be responsible for investigating your complaint.
- Where the issues are straightforward we will aim to resolve your complaint within 5 working days. In some cases, it may be necessary to review the file in detail before responding.
- Where possible we will, within 15 working days of receipt of your written summary, provide a written outcome of the investigation into your complaint and let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
- If we do not hear from you within 8 weeks from the date of our response, we will assume the matter has been addressed and we will close our file.
After receiving our response, if you feel that your complaint has not been fully addressed or should you have additional issues to raise with us, then please let us know.
- Your communication will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt.
- Your concerns will be considered by a different member of the Residential team who has not been involved in the initial review of your complaint.
- A second response will be issued within 15 working days of the receipt of your request for a further review. If we are unable to respond within this time frame we will inform you of this and we will also advise you of when we anticipate being able to answer your concerns.
- If after our second response, the issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, then please let us know. Your concerns will be passed to a Director for final review and reply.
- If at this point we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction then we will confirm that a ‘deadlock’ situation has been reached, which signals that we have come to the end of our internal complaints procedure and that the issues should be passed to The Property Ombudsman.
- You should refer the matter as soon as possible after receiving our final response, but always within 3-months of the date of our ‘deadlock’ letter.
- You will need to complete our internal complaints procedure, before you raise your concerns with the Ombudsman.
For the sale and purchase of residential property we are members of The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
Their details are as follows:
The Property Ombudsman Ltd
43-55 Milford Street
Telephone: 01722 333306
Email: [email protected]